Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"Sleeping Beauty" by John S LES



Sleeping Beauty
by John S LES


I awakened in the middle of the night to hear you talking in your sleep.  I felt your head on my arm and you curling up next to me.  Even in your sleep I could see how beautiful you are inside...even in your sleep.  I could feel how warm and open your heart always is to people.  So beautiful.

It made me think back to where I was before this moment.  All I could think of was that no matter all of the riches in the world, nor all of the material things gained...nothing could equal this moment with you.  You cuddling with me, asleep and exposed...yet still so perfectly beautiful.  I realize how lost I was before I met you.

Your voice, your thoughts, your rhythm has been a guiding force, a positive influence upon the spirit inside me.  A light in the darkness and business of life.  A beacon of understanding.  A safe place where I can be me and exhale because in this place there is no fail...there is only love, peace and companionship.

So as you lay here by my side and I hear your voice and feel you nestling up to me, I am even more happy that you are happy and feel safe to be sleeping here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment