Wednesday, May 13, 2015

"Intersection"





"Intersection"

by John S LES

A house with no people.
Is like a religion with no church or steeple.

A street with no traffic or cars.
Is like a life worth living that has no scars.

A heart with no joys or depression.
Is like a street with no turns or intersection.

Everyday we wake, we never know what happens next.
But we can look around and see the impact of love's true effects.

Love fills a church, builds a steeple, and a choir.
Love propels grown man to cry, another man to aspire.

Love fills a house and a street.
Love fills a heart with a warm perfect heat.

Love feeds a baby, provides a child with a book.
Love can communicate with a simple touch or a look.

Love needs to be fed like a fire for it's flames.
Love never hurts, always forgives and never blames.

Love grows and changes, even can take a new direction.
Love guides us through life's intersections.

Without you I am lost like a ship in a storm.
Your love is the light that guides me back home.

I have no purpose now, I feel like a wing without a feather.
I am hoping that one day love will bring us back together.

Although I am pained and long again for your affection.
Loving you gave me so much direction.
But for now I am lost in this lonely intersection.

2 comments:

  1. I like this I feel lonely lot of times but I just Pray one day it goes away very good my friend keep up the good work😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelia! Yes feeling lonely is more of a common feeling than most of us would want to admit. I feel it every time I sit in front of my keyboard and no one else is around. I wanted this poem to speak for that voice of feeling lonely and lost without a person to guide, accompany, or simply center you. However, in speaking for that voice, we should all remember that we also need to find wealth, company and happiness for ourselves - within ourselves. It's a struggle to come to that part of our awareness. I hope that this poem will help some folks identify their needs, and feelings and begin the process of finding their way back to peace within themselves. :-)

    ReplyDelete